Estate Agent and Landlord Maintenance Packages
Every property needs regular maintenance whether it is your own home or a property you are letting to tenants.
At ECOMS we want to be the contractor (or Service Provider) that the end user – the customer/landlord, resident – looks forward to coming into their homes or maintaining their property. Whether you are a landlord or a Estate Agent, our tailored packages will ensure that your properties are well maintained.We have a team of highly-skilled and professional tradesmen who can respond to all urgent repair and maintenance needs.
Our Packages can be tailored to your individual requirements they can include
- End of tenancy cleans
- Supply and assembly of new furniture,
- Kitchen /Bathroom repairs or refits
- A full inventory check – at the beginning and end of a tenancy
- Cleaning services
- Rubbish clearance and removal
- Internal and External building repairs
- flooring & carpeting
- painting/ decorating and plastering
We also conduct electrical inspections and can issue Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICRs).
ECOMS offer a one call service included – when you call us with a problem we can quickly diagnose the fault, order the parts required and book an appointment for our engineer to fix the problem. Good communications is essential, and this starts with the approach to the customer at the first call where we will have a friendly welcoming and caring approach to every query, giving reassurance and confidence to the customer. This includes looking at better ways of communicating with residents who may not have English as the first language, where we will buy in to existing support services used by our clients.
It is about being accessible and able to communicate to those residents who are disabled, vision or speech impaired, to ensure they are confident they are having a service they can relate to that meets their needs.
ECOMS commits to;
• always keep disruption to the absolute minimum.
• not use the location as a store for materials or tools.
• always clean up afterwards using our own equipment, not the residents/homeowners equipment, on a daily basis before leaving their home.
• do our best to leave the site in the same way as we found it, or better.